Pizza is a beautiful thing. Once you find the perfect crust the sky is the limit. You can do anything, you are the creator and champion of tastiness.
Here’s a tasty pizza idea to get your creative juices flowing:
Make your favorite pizza dough.
Start heating your oven to 500 F.
Roll out your dough on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Dress it up from the bottom to the top:
- A hearty slather of your favorite pizza sauce
- A blanket of chopped spinach leaves
- All the cheese you want, we used a combo of mozzarella and cheese curds (yeah, cheese curds from Charleston Artisan Cheesehouse)
- A loose mosaic layer of artichoke hearts and roasted beets (nope, we didn’t roast beets just for this pizza, they were leftover from dinner earlier in the week, so next time you’re roasting veggies, make a little extra to throw on your pizza 🙂 )
- A little grated parmesan
- Chipotle chili flakes, these brought the whole pizza together!!! (I’m not kidding, get yerself some here. Smoky and hot, they will change your whole pizza eating world!)
Bake according to your dough recipe’s directions and enjoy!
Charleston Spice Co.